New World Record Registration
The four basic requirements* to have a record recognized are:
1) the attempt is measurable;
2) it can be breached;
3) it should be verifiable;
4) it represent a real achievement, it's legal, moral and sets a good example for others.
(Obviously, our "First" and "Last" record categories do not need to comply with rule NR 2).
If a record pass our tough verification process, it will be published on our website and may be included in our publicatins (printed Book of Records and/or e-books, Apps, etc).
To register your World Record with us, copy and paste the below text into your email and fill in ALL the required info. You must send a SINGLE email with all the requested docs, pics and description of your record. Do NOT send us more than ONE message about each record!
You need to be at leat 18 yrs old to submit this application; if you aren't, ask your parent or legal guardian to submit the form.
You can benefit from our fast service if you have registered well in advance your record attempt (1-3 months for personal record attempts and 2-6 months for public events and mass participation attempts), you have our written permission, forms & instructions and, after you set the record, you have submitted it according to our instructions.
If you haven't registered in advance your attempt to get our written approval or if you don't submit it properly, you can't benefit from our fast service.
To register IN ADVANCE your record attempt, to receive our confirmation, our rules and our official forms, go to our 'submit a record attempt' page.
Only personal records like 'tallest dog owned' or 'largest collection of' or similar can be submitted directly; ALL public events must be registered in advance!
REGISTRATION & NEW ORDER FORM
I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief:
1. World record's name: (don't forget to include the record's name in the 'subject' line of your email, too);
(the record's name should start with: 'most' or 'largest' or similar; (check our website FIRST for similar records using our 'Search' page);
# Please mention WHO will own this record? (a person, a city, a company, etc): name, company, NGO, etc;
# do you have any other records with us or GWR? please specify
(Please note that you still have to submit ALL the details about this record, even if you have it recognized by GWR).
# Have you registered this record claim with Guinness, too? If you did, please mention the result (if you get any recognition, please mention the file number with GWR) and the reason you are submitting this record claim to us, too;
# did you get our prior approval for this event?
2. Event date:
4. record's website or Facebook page (if any):
5. Links to 3 articles in ENGLISH (at least one must be included; foregin languages articles needs translation):
(you may include up to 5; do NOT include articles announcing the event, only after-event articles; the article(s) must mention that your record attempt was approved by WRA);
6. Link to your Link to your YouTube, public, HD video (mandatory for ALL records; no video= NO record!)
# you can upload the file on YouTube at the HIGHEST resolution and send us the link;
# leave the original sound, do NOT use any copyrighted music! in most cases, we don't need you to record the entire event, ask before the event;
# do NOT use a phone to make the video, the quality is way below our standards!
# if you registered in advance your attempt, you already have specific instructions for your attempt and how to cover it on video;
7. attach 1...3 high quality photo(s) ONLY, from diffrent angles: do NOT send any montage or watermarked pictures, only original photos & files!
photo 1: explanation & photographer's name;
photo 2: explanation & photographer's name
photo 3: explanation & photographer's name.
(send only original sizes, numbered files, NO compression; only quality photos can be used for verification & publication); don't forget to include images' explanations and photo credit;
if we don't receive any quality photo to prove your record, your application may be deleted; do NOT send more than 5 high resolution photos! you MUST include photos, regardless the link at the next point;
8. Link to your Photo Gallery (Flickr, Picassa, Facebook, etc): ........
(the photo Gallery is mandatory for big public events or any time-based record);
9. Your Press Release about the record attempt OR a 5-paragraph description; (use the model provided by us when you registered); if you don't include a brief description, your application will be deleted;
10. Previous world record (link or details):
11. Your title: Mrs./Mr./Ms...;
12. First name:
13. Last name:
14. Date of Birth (day/month/year):
16. e-mail: (do NOT use free email -like Yahoo - you may NOT receive our answer!
17. Organization, if any (for Business use):
18. Your Address (NO p.o. boxes!):..............; City/ village (specify):
19. Daytime Phone for courier delivery:
20. Evening Phone (for media inquiries)
What type of smartphone do you use daily (iPhone, Blckberry, etc) ? [ knowing this helps us in developing future Apps]
21. don't forget to send by snail mail:
- the forms you received from us;
- a CD or memory stick with your photos and video
22. name your sponsors (name and website):
23. List of participants (if your record is based on the number of participants):
# copy & paste the names into your email for lists up to 300 participants; for more participants, you can include a PDF list.
NOTE: Please send us a SINGLE email with your registration; if you send us more than one email, your claim can't be processed!
Send your new world record application to:
(replace [at] with @)
On the 'Subject' line of your email you must mention: record's name / place: City, State, country / date
(if you don't, our system can not be process your application)
Do NOT use Word or .docx attachments, just type the answers as text only, directly into your email.
Please do NOT send the same email twice because BOTH emails will be deleted by our system!
Deadline: you must submit your new (unofficial) record and the signed forms within 5 days after your record attempt; if you submit them within 2 days, your record will be listed on our News page, too!
ALL documentation needs to be in English; press articles in foreign languages needs to be translated in full.
ONLY serious applications will be considered and reviewed closely; if you don't provide all the required answers, evidence for your claim and quality photos, do NOT expect any answer from us!
Please do NOT send the same message twice, because BOTH messages will be deleted by our system and your application may be REJECTED!
You can NOT claim that you have an official world record or the "world record holder" title until we compete proper verification and you receive our written confirmation; until then, you have an 'unofficial world record pending verification from WRA.'
Multiple records: if you attempted more than one record, start by registering the most important FIRST and just mention the other ones and you will receive furhter instructions from us; do NOT send more than 1 record before receiving our answer!